Char's Chex Mix
1 box Chex cereal
1 can nuts (I used salted almonds)
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup Karo Syrup (I used light)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 bag M&M's (I used peanut. Next time I think I will do PB)
Large brown paper bag
Pour the cereal and nuts in the brown bag. On the stove mix sugar, karo and butter and bring to boil. Boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add soda and stir really well. Pour into brown bag. (I know it seams like you will loose it all on the sides of the bag. But it is like magic!) Sake the bag. Microwave for 5 minutes on high. Every minute , take the bag out and shake it. Add the M&M's and shake. Spread on wax paper. Eat!
I have a recipe kind of like this one in the family cookbook that I designed. It is on page 412 for those of you that have a Bodell Bistro Cookbook. It has coconut for those of you that like coconut. But it isn't as fun for the kids. My kids loved shaking the bag for this one and pushing the microwave buttons.
3 comments:
My recipe doesn't have nuts or coconut, but in addition to the Chex cereal, I also use a small box of Golden Grahams. YUM. FYI - Reeses Pieces are good too instead of M&Ms
Yummy I will have to try that one and I love the apron Tara is wearing. Good Job making it. Wear Connor's matching pink one! ha ha
That last comment came from me Mitz. I guess JOn was logged on my computer. Andrea
Post a Comment